We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Hospital Safety Protocols during Covid-19
To help ensure everyone’s safety, we have implemented added measures so our hospital team can continue to provide essential services to animals across Canada. We have implemented more intensive sanitation practices, a “closed waiting room” policy, telemedicine platforms, online ordering and other guidelines for physical distancing.
COVID-19: Additional measures we are taking
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Monday, March 23, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a “closed waiting room” policy to protect our clients and staff. Please bring a cell phone to your appointment. If you don't have a cell phone, please let us know and we will email you a history form to fill out prior to your appointment. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 250.374.1485. Be prepared to wait in your vehicle until our exam room is ready for your visit. Our team will arrange to meet you at the front door or at your vehicle. Please transfer your pet without any accoutrements (no clothing, toys, or other accessories). All cats must come in carriers. The doctor will call you on your cell phone to discuss the treatment plan.
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time. If we don't have a record of your pet's previous vaccines, please bring that with you, especially if it's a puppy or kitten.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours:
Monday to Saturday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
With recent operation changes, we have decided to close for lunch daily between 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm. This closure ensures our staff gets a much-needed break and a chance to reorganize orders and catch up. Thank you for your understanding!
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the Online Store, visit our website.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at Kamloops Veterinary Clinic